.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, April 07, 2006
SPF
This Friday’s theme…Take me off AUTO! 1. Macro: take a picture of something ‘close up’. Don’t use your zoom, make sure you have good lighting and make sure you’re steady. If you have to, set your camera down on something and then take the picture.
Favorite thing #1: Art

Posted by Picasa

I loved the colors in this piece of art at a local park. I decided to get up close, and change perspective to highlight the colors and textures of the piece. 2. NO FLASH: try swiching the flash off and taking pictures of your stuff without it. It may take a lot of pictures to get the right shot, but open the windows and find artifical light to get it to work.

Favorite thing #2- Wine

Posted by Picasa

This shot is of wine corks I keep in a shadow box in my family room. Luckily, the sun was shining, so I opened the curtains and the shot came out fine. 3. Perspective: get up high or down low…either way, change the perspective of your picture..tilt the camera sideways. Change the layout of the picture. Instead of having the subject framed perfectly in the middle of the picture…move it to the left or the right.

Favorite thing #3: Blue Skies

Posted by Picasa

I got up under this bell tower at Butler University. I thought the contrast of the blue sky and the light tower was striking.

 
posted by Lisa at 4/07/2006 04:42:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


15 Comments:


  • At 4/07/2006 05:52:00 AM, Blogger Lee

    very nice...looks like you got to spend some time outside too...I love the last ones - the sky is striking :)

     
  • At 4/07/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger Diana_CT

    Shooting manual is a good exercise; it stops to make you think.
    Where I went to college, Rochester Institute of Technology, they have one of the largest Schools of Photography in the nation and every spring you could tell the freshmen photo students. They would be the ones out there photographing bark on trees, stones in the walkways and other abstract images. Each week they would be assigned to take pictures of texture or light or depth of field, etc.
    Every time this lowly engineering student took a photo I had a half a dozen photo students critique my work. Why did you frame the shoot that way, what were trying to say, why did ………. I guess some of it has rubbed off on me.

     
  • At 4/07/2006 08:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Girl, when did you take those pics? I saw no blue skies like that here yesterday! LOL I love 'em. Especially the first and the last one!

    Happy SPF! I played too.

     
  • At 4/07/2006 09:19:00 AM, Blogger Kami

    Great shots!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 10:08:00 AM, Blogger DB

    I really like the wine cork photo. Very close and very good resolution.

     
  • At 4/07/2006 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky

    WOW way cool SPF!!

    The best I have seen so far!

    I tried to play too...

     
  • At 4/07/2006 10:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Awesome SPF! Love the art work and the corks! Great perspective shot too!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    happy spf!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 10:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Those are great. I love that sculpture. I live in Kansas City so there are a lot of great fountains, sculptures, and things around here, but I don't know of any that colorful. The sun needs to shine this weekend, so I can go explore.
    I played too!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Jana

    Great pictures!

    I played!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 11:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You did great. Diana is right about shooting in manual. I never, ever shoot in auto anymore. It's HARDER to do, because you have to plan the shot, but it makes them so much richer.

    That last shot is breathtaking!

    I'm so glad you played!!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 01:43:00 PM, Blogger Nature Girl

    These are great! I love the statue, but the last shot from under the tower is awesome! I played too (thanks for visiting) Stacie

     
  • At 4/07/2006 05:14:00 PM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan

    Yours are great SFP photos! Love the wine bottle corks, when I saw it before reading I thought "you could do something with that picture" Wonderful photo.

     
  • At 4/08/2006 01:04:00 AM, Blogger Book Bums

    All of your pictures are great...but I love the one of the wine corks the best. It is beautiful!

     
  • At 4/08/2006 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Uzz

    Great work! I love the wine corks...it is amazing the photographs people can create by just looking around the house and using odd perspectives as guides. I found some of my shots for this post in the weirdest places, but since I do it for a living I have learned to always keep my eyes open! Great SPF and thanks for coming by!

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.