.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Monday, January 23, 2006
Monday Poetry Reading

this is an audio post - click to play

What Is Monday Poetry Reading? Just as the name suggests, every Monday, participants make a recording of themselves reading a poem. It can be a new poem that they've just written, it can be a classic from Shakespeare or anything in between. The recording is posted to the participants' blog so that readers can listen to it.

Days I enjoy Days I enjoy are days when nothing happens, When I have no engagements written on my book, When no one comes to disturb my inward peace, When no one comes to take me away from myself And turn me into a patchwork, a jig-saw puzzle, A broken mirror that once gave a whole reflection, Being so contrived that it takes too long a time To get myself back to myself when they have gone. The years are too strickly measured, and life too short For me to afford such bits of myself to my friends. And what have I to give my friends in the last resort? An awkwardness, a shyness, and a scrap, No thing that's truly me, a bootless waste, A waste of myself and them, for my life is mine And theirs presumably theirs, and cannot touch.

Vita Sackville-West

Vita had an affair with Virginia Woolf in the late 1920's. As a part of this affair, Woolf wrote Orlando about Vita, which Nigel Nicolson called "the longest and most charming love-letter in literature".
 
posted by Lisa at 1/23/2006 02:07:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.