I must have been bored often as a child, because it seems I found many unusual ways to occupy my time. I'd read the dictionary or look at every page of the Sears catalog for fun and entertainment (as it was). Hey- this was in the day before computers, internet video games or cable TV. We had to make our own entertainment. One thing I loved to do was play my brothers records on a portable record player I owed. This audio post is a clip of one of my favorites as a kid, "Sister Mary Elephant" by Cheech and Chong. Of course, I didn't know it was Cheech and Chong at the time. Guess I never bothered to read that on the record. Didn't matter anyhow- I had no idea who they were. I'd crack up every time I'd listen to this record. It was a great 45 record- I loved 45's best of all. I had a terrific one that was clear red- I think it was "Wipeout" by the Safari's.
I played "Sister Mary Elephant" for my son tonight and he couldn't stop laughing... It was the laughter of a kid- a true belly laugh. Mary Elephant must appeal to the kid in all of us...
1. Do you generally tend to be early, late or right on time? I tend to be either early or right on time. My boss is always 15 to 20 minutes late to work every day and it makes me insane waiting for her every morning.
2. Did you belong to any clubs in high school? If so, which did you value the most? Maybe the French club or something but I really don't recall.
3. Where was your favorite place to hang out when you were in high school? How often were you there and were you usually with friends or alone? As far and hang-outs go, we did have one pizza place we would go to after football games. The popular thing to where I grew up was to cruise up and down "the strip" on Friday and Saturday nights. My best friend had a car with T-Tops and we would pop the top out and think we were so cool.
4. Take this quiz (if you haven't already!): What chess piece are you? (Thanks to Charles.)
An Inner Black Pawn
You scored 1 Power-Finesse, 2 Leader-Follower, 3 Unique-Ordinary, and 2 Offense-Defense! You are a believer in your cause, so you try to help your black brothers fight off the oppression of the whiteys. Your role is more supportive of the big guys on your team as they do the cool stuff, but at least you aren't just cannon fodder like the Outer Pawns. You have to react to a situation since white gets the first move, but you are the constant thorn in White's side. White is going to try to kick your ass quick, but fortuantely if your King knows what he's doing, someone's got your back. You like your contribution to be supporting the big picture, even if it means you take one for the team. My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
Link: The What Chess Piece Are You Test written by Gundark27 on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test
5. When is the last time you played a board game and what game did you play? Did you win? I believe I played a game of Trivial Pursuit Jr., and yes I won.
6. You're called to serve on a jury. Would you rather sit on a capital murder case, a personal injury case, a wrongful death suit or a drunk driving case, and why? I'd rather sit on a wrongful death suit because I think the evidence necessary to prove the case would make it a more interesting trial.
1. What is the wallpaper on your computer? Right now the wallpaper at work is a photo of my son and my dog and the wallpaper on my personal laptop is a photo of a statue that I had taken this summer. 2. What color are the walls in the room you're in right now? It is a very light tan and cream textured wall paper- not my choice as I'm in my office 3. Describe some of the wallpapers you have lived with. Are we talking computer desktop or walls of our home? When I was a kid we had this horrible wallpaper in the kitchen with food on it in orange, rust and avacado colors (hey- it was the 70's afterall). 4. Would you ever consider using wallpaper to decorate? What would it look like? I hate wallpaper. I am more of a solid-color person. I like paint, I even like bright colors- but no wallpaper. There is a horrid floral wallpaper in the house I bought in the half bathroom and it has to go. 5. If you could use anything not specifically intended for walls (no paint, wallpaper, etc) to spruce up your walls, without any nasty consequences, what would you use? One quick option would be to hang lots of art or framed photos.
|Pholph's Scrabble Generator My Scrabble© Score is: 4. What is your score? Get it here.|
We're just wrapping up the third week of January. Wow. Already. Time to check in with your reading report.
The after effects of a birthday lunch at a Japanese restaurant, Tokyo Joe's.
They have a full sushi bar, karaoke and the food is prepared on hibachi grills. This room we're in is a special room for parties. It is a traditional Japanese table, low to the ground. Before you enter you remove your shoes and step up in to this beautiful room.
The best part is, after you feast on salad with ginger dressing, bowls of rice, hibachi steak and vegetables and ice cream tempura- you can lay back and snooze right where you are.
The caffeine post the other day made me think of something I had heard about several years ago...coffee enemas. This triggered an entire string of thought with me. I wondered if people walked in to the colonic spa and were asked, "regular or decaf" just like at Starbucks? Or how about, do you want room for cream in that? whole, 2% or skim? I found this article:
The use of coffee in enemas for detoxification purposes is well known. It is a common herbalogical remedy that has been suggested by holistic and alternative medicine professionals for many years. Why it works The effects of a coffee enema are different than a saline enema. The most important difference between a saline enema and a coffee enema is the presence of caffeine in the coffee. Caffeine, theophylline and theobromine, combine to stimulate the relaxation of smooth muscles causing dilatation of blood vessels and bile ducts. The effects of having a coffee enema are not the same as drinking coffee. The veins of the anus are very close to the surface of the tissue. The caffeine is therefore absorbed more quickly (and in higher concentration) than it is in when coffee is drunk. Liver benefits Additionally, coffee has a chemical makeup that is stimulative. The enzymes in coffee, known as palmitates, help the liver carry away the toxins in bile acid. The coffee is absorbed into the hemorrhoidal vein, then taken up to the liver by the portal vein. With the bile ducts dilated, bile carries toxins away to the gastro-intestinal tract. Simultaneously, peristaltic activity is encouraged because of the flooding of the lower colon. Thus, when the colon is evacuated, the toxins and bile are carried out of the body. Supplies You will need to buy a re-usable enema kit, available at most pharmacies. They are usually disposable (although they can be cleaned and reused for several months) and they are inexpensive. Distilled water. Organic coffee, any roasting level will do. French Press pot. Preparing the Coffee Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Grind eight heaping spoonfuls of organic coffee. Put it in a french press pot. Pour the water over the coffee grounds and let it steep then cool for one hour. After this amount of time, the liquid should be about body temperature. If you stick your finger in the water it should be lukewarm, but not hot. Press the coffee grounds to the bottom, then pour the coffee liquid into the enema bag. Directions Follow the directions that accompany the enema kit. Lie on your right side, inject and retain the coffee for 10-20 minutes. I recommend lightly massaging your abdomen from left to right (up the left side, and then left to right just below the navel). Additionally, I recommend changing positions while retaining the coffee. After a few minutes turn over onto your back, a few minutes later switch to your left side before evacuating your bowels. Concerns Many people are concerned that the body will become 'addicted' to the enema. This fear is unfounded. The bowels can continue to function on their own after enemas are discontinued.
Holy Shit! (pun intended)
The caffeine is absorbed more quickly than drinking? Does that mean one day we'll all be doing Starbucks enemas in the morning on the way to work for that "extra pep" to face the day? I'm really glad to hear that the effects of drinking coffee vs. a coffee enema are not the same... what a shock! They recommend using distilled water and organic coffee? I don't even use that for coffee I drink. But, it's good to know that any roast of coffee will do. How about Breakfast Blend for the am enema and French Roast for the afternoon pick-me-up colonic? And for any of you out there who are concerned about addiction to caffeine, the enema is the way to go as "Many people are concerned that the body will become 'addicted' to the enema. This fear is unfounded. The bowels can continue to function on their own after enemas are discontinued. "
Suggested Brands For Enema Use:
Starbutts, G.I.valia, Tushy's, Seattle's Butts Coffee, 100% mountain grown Colon-bean coffee Laxwell House and last, but not least, Innuendo ( the new Italian import brand)
What the hell does that mean? What is so different about this coffee from the regular crap you get at the local coffee shop? Sing along with me now.... The Best Part of Waking Up.. Is Folgers In Your Butt...