5. One of those crazy remodeling shows appears at your door one day and offers to redo any room of your house or apartment for free, but that it can only be one single room that gets a makeover. Would you let them in, and if so, which room would you choose and why? I'd let them re-do the finished half of my basement. I've turned it over to my son and it is currently scary down there!
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #86 from cdmmw2: Do you recall your first kiss? Did you think that kissing was worth all the hype??
I do recall my first kiss. It was from my 3rd grade boyfriend. At that point, no, I didn't think it was worth the hype. I've long since changed my mind!
Q2 - Immigrants: Do you think employers should face criminal charges for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants? Yes, I believe it is the employer’s responsibility to verify the legality of their intended employee.
Q3 - Wages: As of today, the federal minimum wage here in the U.S. stands at $5.15 per hour. In your opinion, should the minimum wage be raised, and if so, to how much; and if not, why not? Raising the minimum wage has an effect on so many other aspects of our economy. It has been studied time and time again and comes to the same conclusion: raising the minimum wage hurts the poor and encourages high-school students to drop out. Raising the minimum wage causes some individuals to enter the labor market who would not otherwise do so. With a larger pool to choose from, employers naturally choose the higher-skilled applicant. Therefore, raising the minimum wage hurts the low-skilled individual in two ways: by having fewer jobs available to them and by raising the pool of applicants for a given job and thereby making the competition stiffer. Finally, raising the minimum wage has very little positive impact on the lives of the poor. Rather, it is a political ploy that plays to the misunderstanding of the impact of raising it. America needs to have a better understanding of the true causes of poverty. We need a system that focuses more on raising the education levels of our people.
Q4 - Shopping: I'm headed to the grocery store. Is there anything I can get for you? No thanks, I’m good. I am a grocery shopping freak! I grew up in a household that shopped for food each day. It’s funny how European’s are shocked to see our huge refrigerators we have here in the U.S. We just love big everything here in this country, big cars, big houses and big debt. Conspicuous consumption is the name of the game!
The bonus is, the laundry room is upstairs along with all of the bedrooms and bathrooms. No climbing stairs with laundry baskets in hand. It is the best thing ever! As you can tell, I have my "found change" jar on top of the dryer. I figure any money I find while going through the pockets is all mine- like a tip for washing the clothes. 2. Your Robe (if you don’t have one of these…wait, how can you live without a robe? NO ONE should ever have to live life without a robe! GO BUY ONE!) I love this robe! It is my warm weather robe. I have some equally wonderful matching PJ pants. In the winter I have one of those thick white Frette spa robes- just like you get on a cruise ship or luxury hotel. It weighs about 10 pounds. And no, I did not steal it on my last vacation! 3. A flower (it’s sposta be spring remember?)
Okay, it is too early in the season for this to be blooming...I took it last year- but it is gorgeous and I wanted to share.
Pick one of your favorite authors. - Augusten Burroughs
The boy and the puppy enticed me into doing it. Or, was it the other way around? Either way... Ian is showning off his 560 move and the resulting injury to his arm. Yeah, I don't see it either...The dog usually jumps on with us and tries to eat our socks, for some reason.
I came across this at the site Go Fug Yourself. It has some truly fugly photos on there!
Would you rather:
1.talk like foghorn leghorn (from looney tunes) OR snoop dogg?
I say, I say, Foghorn Leghorn...
2.orgasm everytime you hear a siren OR fart when the phone rings?
I work near a fire departmant- so I'll choose the big "O"- thanks! I may never get any work done again.
3. french kiss a llama OR have a dog lick your bare anus?
Ewww...none of the above...
4.be able to elongate your fingers to ten times their normal size OR grow up to two times your normal size?
1)Have you ever been to an AA meeting or similar support group meeting? No, I have not. Lucky for me, I’m not addicted to anything.
2) Have you ever used ice for sexual purposes? Yes I have. You need to be careful though- don’t want to get frostbite!
3) If given the chance to live as the opposite sex for the day, would you? Only if I was completely certain it would only be for one day- I don’t think I could stand it longer than that. I’d love to know how men get their deodorant into their armpit and past all that nasty hair. That would satisfy a curiosity of mine. Honestly, I don’t think most men do a good enough job of applying their deodorant and that is why, to me, they don’t smell very good. I’m very smell-sensitive…
4) On a scale of 1-10, how well do you receive constructive criticism? If it is truly constructive, intelligent and fact-based, I’d say an 8.
5) Have you ever been INSIDE a store that sold adult themed toys and videos? Sure, it was funny! I kept cracking up the entire time I was there.
Bonus (as in "optional"): Have you ever been propositioned for group sex? I have to admit that yes, I have…