.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Musing on Movies
Bring a hanky!
"There's no crying in baseball!"~~A League of Their Own
Do you cry at movies? Do you cry when you see them a second time (or third, or fourth....)? What are your favorite tear-jerker? I generally don't cry at movies. I don't like to cry at all...period. So I'm certainly not going to sit in a movie theater and cry in public! Well, I have before. I was about 4 and my family all went to see a Benji movie. I cried then. I have cried at a movie I watched at home. It was the film "What Dreams May Come". It was the part about the kids being killed that got me. Things about children are the one thing that could make me cry. What really got me going was the boy in the film had the same name as my son. Robin Williams plays Chris Nielson, and this is what he says to his son when he sees him in heaven.
There's a man Ian never got to know, the man he was growing up to be. He's a good-looking clear-eyed fella... about 25. I can see him. He's the type of guy men want to be around, because he has integrity, you know ? He has character. You can't fake that. And he's a guy women want to be around, too. Because there's tenderness in him... respect... and loyalty, and courage. And women respond to that. Makes him a terrific husband, this guy. I see him as a father. That's where he really shines. See, when he looks in his kid's eyes and that kid knows that his dad really, really sees him... he sees who he is. Then that child knows that he is an amazing person. He's quite a guy... that I'll never get to meet. I wish I had.
 
posted by Lisa at 1/24/2006 08:08:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.