.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Thursday, March 02, 2006
3x Thursday
3x Thursday: 03/02/y2k+6: Kidhood Memories Pick any 3 things that you remember from your kidhood (ages 0-18) and describe them. This could be anywhere from people you were around a lot, to a certain family vacation, to a certain moment that you remember. Be creative!

1. July 4, 1976. It was my first trip to Disney World. I remember seeing the fireworks for the bicentennial and taking hours and hours to get out of the parking lot afterwards.

2. My Great-grandfather's 90th birthday party. What left the biggest impression on my was his 3-D birthday cake of woman in a bikini. Who knew you could get a cake with boobs?! (And why didn't I get one for my birthday?) My great-grandmother kept saying to him, "It's a woman, Arthur!"- to which he replied- "I know what it is, I'm not that old!" I can aspire to be so sassy if I live to be 90.

3. The day my baby sister was born. I was nearly 10 years-old at the time. I was (foolishly) excited to finally get a younger sibling. She was the most sour tempered child I've ever seen. That explains a lot now. She's a very unique individual, to say the least.

Bonus Question for Comments: Where did you grow up (location-wise)? Did you like it? Do you still live there? Why/why not? I grew up in the mid-west. I liked it because I didn't know any better at the time. Actually, it wasn't a bad place to grow up. It was flat as can be- you can see for miles and miles (unless the corn gets in your way.) That also means a kid can wander for what seems like an eternity without getting lost, you can see your way back home. This was back in the day where I'd leave home in the morning only to return for food and when it was dark. It was a safe thing to do. Now, I wouldn't dream of letting my son go like that. We have walkie-talkie communication so I know where he is all of the time. I don't live in the same town I grew up in, but I live in the same state (for now.) It's good for my son to be somewhat near his extended family. I don't relish living here- it doesn't truly fit my personality. I'm fighting the urge to get the hell out of here! I could never live in the same town where I grew up. I'm not the same person- it would feel suffocating to me to be there.
 
posted by Lisa at 3/02/2006 02:05:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.