.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Monday, May 01, 2006
Waste of Space Monday
My first "Waste of Space Monday"- brought to us by Tammy. Here's how she describes it:

My new game. Waste of Space Monday. Where we share with the world why people are stupid. Kinda like my version of The Darwin Awards.You know who I'm talking about. Those people who:~ Are criminals.~ Drink and drive.~ Park their "ride" in 2 spaces so they don't get their stupid cars scratched.~ Yell at helpless cashiers who are really just doing their jobs.~ Anyone who is just a total moron.

The first thing that comes to my mind is a gigantic waste of space- Wal-Mart. I mean, I just feel awful for poor pitiful little Wal-Mart - with being forced to ensure that their health benefits are up to par. I mean, some of those Walton folks might have to skip their weekly facial, pedicure and massge. How will they survive???

And don't even get me started on the descrimination against females at Wal-Mart. A few facts:

Women hourly workers earned up to 37 cents less per hour than their male counterparts.- Female managers earn nearly $5,000 less than male managers in yearly salary.- Women comprise 72 percent of Wal-Mart’s total workforce, but only 33 percent of its managers.- Women comprise 92 percent of Wal-Mart’s cashiers, but only 14 percent of Wal-Mart Store Managers.

You can see Jib Jab take aim on Wal-Mart here.

Copyright David Horsey

 
posted by Lisa at 5/01/2006 06:38:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 5/01/2006 08:59:00 AM, Blogger Cat.

    Hear hear. I shop at Wal-Mart ONLY if/when they are the ONLY store to find what I'm looking for. I hate the atmosphere in it, and I hate everything they stand for.

    Our town is "finally" getting a Wal-Mart, probably opening in the fall. I won't be shopping there.

     
  • At 5/01/2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    Amen, sister. Always getting the little guy down. Such losers.

    Thanks for playing!

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.