.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Writing
No, I don't mean writing, like writing the Great American Novel. I mean writing like cursive or printing. I often print my work memos to my co-workers. Other people I know either can't or don't write in cursive, outside of their signature. Still others combine both cursive and script to make up their own style of writing. My son, who is extremely dyslexic, cannot write in cursive outside of his name and struggles to read it fluently. On the other hand, I possess the odd (and rather useless) ability to write fluently in mirror image. So my question is, why do we insist upon having 2 different ways of writing the same letter? Well, it's actually 4 if you count cursive vs. Printing and lower case vs. Capital. When I was in elementary school I had a teacher who was obsessed with penmanship. We had lessons and daily drills. Even after all of that, I wouldn't say my handwriting is all that terrific- but at least it's passable and legible. I wonder if, as we move more and more towards computer use, writing will become outdated and seldom used?
 
posted by Lisa at 1/18/2006 09:18:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.