.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Sunday, April 09, 2006
My son's results
Ian wanted me to be sure I shared this. He doesn't like the "Dixie" part in the least. For some reason, he has little tolerance for strong accents, particularly Southern accents. He certainly didn't learn this from me....Personally, I find it cute! You should have seen him, the year we spent some time in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Of of the girls there said to him, "Frances got pinched by a crab." Only pinched came out something like "peached"- he had no idea what she was saying to him. Of course, they also said things like "Mac Donald's" instead of McDonald's. My personal favorite is "I swanee." It is just so perfect!

Your Linguistic Profile:

85% General American English
5% Dixie
5% Upper Midwestern
5% Yankee
0% Midwestern
What Kind of American English Do You Speak?
 
posted by Lisa at 4/09/2006 11:56:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.