.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, June 09, 2006
The Southern-ness Test

Yer' going to Jackson- so comb yer' hair! Sorry- that song from "Walk the Line" sticks in my head. Actually I don't believe that I've ever been to Jackson.

My parents are Yankees and I never had a Memaw- but I know what one is. I had a grandmother or a bestamor (Danish for grandmother.)

I expect my tea to be "unsweet" because that is the only way you can get it up here. Therefore, I make my own sweet tea and keep it in a big jar in the fridge. I eat grits and I actually like okra. Maybe I am misplaced?!

Displaced Southerner You are 79% true Southern!
You're pretty Southern, but something is keeping you from being a true Southern Belle or Gentleman. Maybe you've moved, or maybe your parents were Yankees and brought you up without ever taking you fishing or hunting or to Memaw's for chicken and black-eyed peas. You know your Southern facts and culture, but that literature still escapes you. And when you order tea at a restaurant, you expect it to come "unsweet." Yikes. Next time you have the chance, visit a classic Southern downtown area and spend an afternoon just soaking it in... Montgomery, Birmingham, Jackson, Natchez, Memphis, Charleston, Atlanta, or even New Orleans!
My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 20% on Southerliness
Link: The Southern-ness Test written by gwennykate on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test
 
posted by Lisa at 6/09/2006 08:00:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.