.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Things Lisa wants to do on her extra days off this week...
I've taken a couple of days off from the rat race!
1…. Finally pick up my camera from the repair shop. My Digital Rebel has been in the shop since March!
2... Paint my son's bathroom- right now it is blue with bugs and butterflies- a bit much for a 13 year old.
3... Sort through all the papers on my desk (didn't I just do that?!)
4... Go out and take some photos with my newly-returned camera. I've missed her!
5... Brave the dark recesses of my son's room and attempt to clean it up while he is gone.
6... Get caught up on all of my magazine reading. I have about 2 months worth.
7... Call my mortgage company and see why the escrow account hasn't paid the homeowner's insurance. I hate calls like this on my days off- they can suck up so much of the precious free time parked on terminal hold.
8... Update my iTunes and iPod a bit. I need some new music on there, to keep things fresh.
9... Go for a long bike ride. I'll stick to paved trails this time. I went mountain biking a few weeks ago and messed up my shoulder for a while.
10... I'm guessing that I'll blog a bit. But not too much- there's a lot of other things I want to do and it is easy for me to get sucked in.
11... Take the time to drink the entire pot of cofee each morning while watching the news.
12... Work in the newly-created flower bed under the apple trees. I have some great plans that include a bench and a path with our home-made stepping stones.
13... Read. I love to read. Right now I'm reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" again. It's a very different experience the second time (and 20 some years later.)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!
 
posted by Lisa at 6/08/2006 10:39:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 6/08/2006 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Carmen

    You have to pick up your camera, I've got to drop mine off. It got all sandy in Egypt, I've got to get it cleaned.

     
  • At 6/08/2006 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky

    Yeah! on getting the camera back.

    Wow you have quite the list of projects going on - good for you. I need to paint a few rooms too - but I really don't like painting...hehe

    Great list - I played too

     
  • At 6/08/2006 01:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great list and congrats on the days off! Thanks for stopping by my T13 list earlier, too. :)

    I'm with you on the reading. Last night I finished a novel by an author I've been reading a lot lately (Hideyuki Kikuchi, who writes the Japanese horror novels) and was delighted to read in the postscript to this book (his first postscript for the American audience) that he's exactly my age. Thought that was cool. :)

    (Hope this posts. Blogger's comment system isn't letting me post anywhere today, it seems.)

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.