1. Do you possess any family heirlooms, and if so, what two heirlooms do you value the most:
I have a journal from my maternal grandfather and some jewelry from my paternal grandmother.
2. Did you have a childhood hide-out, and if so, describe it:
This sounds funny now (yet apropos!) but I loved to build a little nest in my closet and hide out in there reading books.
3. Describe your relationship with your immediate family and how it makes you feel:
I have a decent relationship with my immediate family. We are close but we could be closer. They all live close to each other and I live several hours away. I'm very different from them in many ways, but we've come to comfortable terms with those differences.
4. Do you and/or your family do anything for the needy, and if so, explain:
I have a certain women's shelter that I donate to.
5. Did you have a close relationship(s) with any of your grandparents? Describe your relationship(s):
I was close with all of my grandparents. My paternal grandparents lived one street over when I was growing up and my maternal grandmother lived just a few minutes away, so I spent a lot of my free time with them.