.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Saturday 8
saturday-8 :: family, dying, and life
slightly morbid this week, but definitely reflective... 1. whose funeral did you first attend? I've never gone to a funeral. 2. whose wedding did you first attend? My Aunt Kathleen's wedding 3. whose funeral did you last attend? I haven't been to one. 4. whose wedding did you last attend? My partner's co-worker Lisa; I'd never met her before. 5. right now, i'm at mr. laura's parents', and we're waiting for his grandfather to pass. he's been in hospice for two weeks, and just seems to be hanging on & on. have you had a relative with a prolonged death? Yes, my Uncle Sami 6. as i've gotten older, i don't fear death. i look forward to going quickly and/or quietly. what are your feelings on your own dying? I don't fear my death at all, it is a part of life. It is funny how we all live like we aren't going to die, when in reality we are all going to. I feel sad for those left behind when I'm gone, but not for me. 7. if you're married, was your wedding what you'd imagined? why or why not?- if you're not married, describe your 'ideal' wedding. It was what I had imagined. 8. what are your thoughts on assisted suicide? yay or nay if the situation warrants? I find it to be an acceptable option if the situation warrants. My friend's father was diganosed with terminal metastisized lung cancer. Instead of having his family watch him suffer and die slowly, he took a gun and shot himself in the head. She felt he took the brave way out to spare his family. I don't necessarily agree with that view, but I can see why he did it. I can't see something like that as an option for me, but I wouldn't judge or deny someone else the right to choose.
Saturday 8
 
posted by Lisa at 1/28/2006 08:10:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.