.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, February 24, 2006
Friday
Friday
1. What is your favorite birthday memory? Even better, are there horror stories? My parents had big family birthday parties for us every year. We'd have all the relatives over for cake, ice cream and presents, of course. I can't think of one in particular that was better than another though.

Thanks, Momma for the fantastic (ha!) matching dresses for the two of us! The good thing about it was Michele had to wear red for once and I didn't have to wear blue (her favorite color).

2. What was your favorite birthday gift? "Growing Up Skipper" I loved my Skipper doll. I could relate to her much better than I could to Barbie (the slut!) Growing Up Skipper was special because when you turned the left arm she grew a modest bust line, a slimmer waist and became 3/4" taller. (turning the arm back again reverted Skip back to her previous shape). I was mesmerized! I think I ended up wearing out her arm. I had my Barbies make-out with each other, f**k Ken! My sister chewed off his plastic nose anyhow, so who wanted to date him?! 3. What do you love doing for your birthday? Drinking, eating food I wouldn't normally eat and getting presents! 4. Writer's Choice! It's my birthday on the 26th. I'll be honest, I'm going to be 36. Me, 36! When did I get to be this age? It's not old, not by far- but it isn't an age that I think of myself as. It's sort of a surprise to me when I say it.

People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live...[We] never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born." -Albert Einstein "Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years." - Oscar Wilde "In the second half of life the necessity is imposed of recognizing no longer the validity of our former ideals but of their contraries. Of perceiving the error in what was previously our conviction, of sensing the untruth in what was our truth, and of weighing the degree of opposition, and even of hostility, in what we took to be love. "- Carl Jung
Here's MY birthday nightmare!
 
posted by Lisa at 2/24/2006 04:17:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.