.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Fever Pitch
I can feel it; I can feel it working its way up from deep inside of me. All winter long I feel dull, dead, and flat. It's a passionless season. I lay in dormancy waiting for Spring and the time of my re-birth. Just like a chrysalis waiting for its moment in time to spring forth into the sunlight, into the waiting world. In the cold and dark season, my energy focuses inward- re-charging my physical and mental batteries. By the time the crocuses start to push their buds through the still-cold earth I'm nearly ready to emerge whole again. There are rhythms in life, rhythms that we take for granted. Just as the rhythm of music moves our bodies, the rhythm of seasons moves our brains. Winter into Spring is a time of nearly boundless energy. The Earth re-creates Herself, fresh clean and new. So can we. I can sense the movement of the air, the changes occurring, ever so slightly at first. It's like everything around me hums, buzzes, moves in a way imperceptible to the naked eye. But I can see it, feel it, smell it, and taste it. It's a hedonistic feast for the senses. The time is nearly upon us for stormy weather. The kind of stormy weather I enjoy. I have no fear of storms. On the contrary, I find them enjoyable and exciting. The sheer raw energy of it is a turn-on. It's unpredictable, uncontrollable and utterly fascinating. The smell of ozone in the air, the way the leaves on the trees show their flip-sides to us to announce the impending rain...it's all glorious and wonderful. The force of nature, the show of power on display for all of us to see. It's a gift from Mother Nature. She's showing us her wild side, if we're only open to seeing it. It's the utmost of destruction and the pinnacle of creation. The sun comes out again after the storm. Winter is a time of evenness. Snow can fall, and that in itself can be beautiful, but there's little to offer in the way of extremes and changeability. There's a blizzard, but no sunshine afterward to signal the end. I love a good thunderstorm and then waiting for the sun to come out again. There's nothing like it. Every cell in my body wants to strip off every stitch of clothing and soak up the sun's rays. The sun is just another force of nature from which I draw energy. A life force... In the Persian calendar New Year's Day falls on the first day of Spring. I like this way of thinking. Persians believe you must wear all new clothing on New Year's Day- you are a new person once again. The call it Norouz which literally means " new day". In a ceremony people symbolically, burn their old year's weaknesses, sins, bad habits, and even their misfortunes with the hope of starting a new and fresh life in the coming New Year. Bring on the fire! I'm worked up to a fever pitch, and it's only going to get hotter.
www.flickr.com
fleur_de_lisa@sbcglobal.net's photos tagged with spring More of http://www.flickr.com/photos/33732789@N00/tags/spring/
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
 
posted by Lisa at 3/15/2006 09:04:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.