.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
A Funny Thing
Something made me remember a discussion I had with the nurse at MedCheck during my three-hour-visit-from-hell on Sunday. Of course, she had to run through all of the normal blah-blah information gathering. She just asked me how tall I am and how much I weigh. I could have lied! I should have lied, just for fun- said something like I weigh 170 pounds just to see if she was paying attention. Anyhow, she gets to the part about when was your last menstrual period. Okay, at this point I'm burning up with fever, hungry, thirsty, tired and not all that thrilled about waiting for 3 hours to be seen. But I stayed my usual "sweetness and light" self, even as I was wondering, what does that have to do with my flu/bronchitis? (Yes, I know it is just one of those questions she had to ask.) I tell the nurse, I don't know, I can't remember. She asked if it was within the last month- I said no. She asked me if I could be pregnant. I told her that there was absolutely no way in the world. Actually that made me try to think of when the last time was that I had the kind of sex that could potentially (though most likely not) lead to pregnancy. It had to be at least 8 or 9 years ago. Time flies when you are having fun! I'm finally up and out of bed today. I picked an ugly day to get up. Rain, but no storms- what fun is that? I decided to go by my office, check in on things. I had 53 voice mail messages. 53! I haven't been out of my office THAT long! I also have laryngitis, so none of those 53 people are getting called back by me anytime soon.
 
posted by Lisa at 3/08/2006 12:53:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.