.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Good News!

Some prominent nutrition experts put out new guidelines Wednesday urging Americans to cut back on calorie-rich sodas while allowing more leeway for alcohol and lots of room for tea and coffee -- up to 40 ounces a day. That's more than three tall cups at Starbucks, although that might bust suggested limits on caffeine. They also allow men three times as much beer as sugary soda. - MSNBC

I'm way ahead of these people! I hate soda, but I'm all for allowing more leeway for alcohol and coffee in my diet. And I like iced tea, especially in the summer. I'm from the north and it took a bit of getting used to the idea of drinking iced tea all year round.

Unfortunately the article goes on to say the guideline on alcohol are as follows: "Alcoholic beverages, one drink a day for women and two for men. A drink equals 12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine, 1.5 ounces spirits." Excuse me, I thought the tag line on the article was more leeway! Typical media- misleading!

 
posted by Lisa at 3/09/2006 01:39:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.