.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Lent
I took Ian to the bookstore the other night- he was running out of reading material. We decieded to go to the cafe- I wanted a chai to drink and he wanted a snack. So we sat down together with our goodies and something made me think of Lent. As he goes to Catholic school and his father is a (sort of) Catholic, I asked him if he gave up anything for Lent. All during this conversation, he's shoveling in the triple chocolate brownie I'd bought for him. It was a decadent dessert, with chocolate sauce and chocolate shavings on top. He took another bite, then answered me- yes, mom- I gave up chocolate! Excuse me? What am I going to do with him? I suppose I should have asked him what he gave up for Lent at the beginning of Lent. I'm just not used to thinking about that kind of thing. I grew up Methodist and we didn't give up anything for Lent. I think that if he says he going to give up something, he should. Otherwise, just don't say you are going to do it, then not do it. To me, that's worse than not giving up anything at all....
 
posted by Lisa at 3/22/2006 09:23:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.