.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Thursday, March 09, 2006
My Sexy (?) Shoes
Okay, this might not count as sexy, but it's as sexy as I'm gonna' get right now. I'm sick, I'm supposed to have the week off work (for fun), but I'm ordered by my doc to stay home from work (because I'm sick)-- and guess where I am??? Work! Obviously I'm strictly casual, as no one else is working either. So I went with my black Ugg boots and jeans today. I'm not all that big on "foo-foo" shoes as it is. Not for wearing... I don't mind other people wearing them, if they're so inclined. I don't do heels all that well, I'm ashamed to say. Do, as in walk. That's an important aspect. Unless you're sitting around taking pictures of them.... Which I normally don't do. I love shoes and have loads of them (though I've tossed out tons lately). I'd say I own less a half-dozen pairs of heels. I think that goes way back to when I was married. I'm 5'8" and he was (well, is, he isn't dead or anything- which is a miracle in itself) 5'9". I believe he suffered from "short man syndrome" which meant he didn't want his wife taller than he was. Ask me a simple question, and you get an entire essay! It's a real problem that I have. What can I say, I'm afflicted...
 
posted by Lisa at 3/09/2006 02:21:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 3/10/2006 03:30:00 PM, Blogger LizzieDaisy

    First, I have to say you are the meme queen! Wow. :) Second, those are cool boots. I actually do not know what Ugg boots are other than that everyone talks about them. I figure they are tall and leather and lined with something soft and warm. Other than that, I am clueless. I do believe it's time I googled them...

    Anyway, sorry you are sickly. Hope you are better soon. Seems everyone around here has upper respitory (that looks wrong... hm) something or other. Like my daughter. No fun.

    And as for my own shoes... I own lots of heels and dressy sandals, but I wear them like once a year if that. Mostly they were purchases for one time fancy events. My bad. My casual shoes lasted so well that after 4 years, my mom finally replaced them for fun last month. I need to get more disposable ones I guess. :)

    Take care... get well soon!

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.