.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Saturday 8
1. Were you ever schooled in a way OTHER than public schooling? (private, charter, prep, homeschooling?) No, I attended public school. 2. If money were no object and you had a choice to send your kids to private or prep school in your current area, would you? My son does go to private school. 3. homeschooling has gotten a bad rap due to unscrupulous parents and fundie-crazy Christians. How do you feel about homeschooling? I don't have much of an opinion on the subject as I don't feel I know enough about it at this point to form an educated opinion. 4. I was abused for many years in private school, but I still sent my eldest clone to private school for four years. I was very nervous about sending her. What negative experience in your schooling past has made you wary of schooling your children? I can't say that I had any overly-negative experience in school. 5. John stossel recently did a report entitled "stupid in America," a slam on public schools. He states that money is wasted and the students' test scores keep plummeting, while 'bad' teachers are retained because unions make it too difficult to fire them. Do you have such a bleak outlook on our nations' public schools? Why or why not? I do have a bleak outlook, but unfortunately, I don't have the answers to the problems either. 6. Some schools give kids cash and reward incentives for attendance and good grades. Do you agree with basically 'bribing' kids to get them to show up and perform well? I'm totally against paying a child to do what he should be doing in the first place. 7. Here in Florida, we have a voucher system in which a child that goes to a failing school (yes, they're actually graded!) has the option of taking a school voucher which will get them in FREE to a private school. They have to apply and get transportation to the private school, so most low-income and minority students do not take advantage of this. How do you feel about public state money funding private (and usually Christian) schools via the voucher programme? I'm not even going to go there! I pay for my son's tuition myself, thank you. I don't think it is the responsibility of the Government to pay for it. The fact that it is a Christian school is immaterial to me. 8. A two-parter: finally, tell us your BEST memory and then your WORST memory from school. It can be from elementary, middle school/Jr. High, or senior high school. I just had the typical school experiences. I can't recall anything bad, to be honest. I was too much of a "good kid" to get into trouble back then.
Saturday8
 
posted by Lisa at 3/11/2006 08:46:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.