Booking Through Thursday
Jeanne came across this list of previous years' best sellers, and thought it might be fun to base some of our questions on them.
- In 1956, these were the top ten best sellers for the year. Have you read any of them?
No, I must admit I haven't read any of these.
- Don't Go Near the Water, William Brinkley
- The Last Hurrah, Edwin O'Connor
- Peyton Place, Grace Metalious
- Auntie Mame, Patrick Dennis
- Eloise, Kay Thompson
- Andersonville, MacKinlay Kantor
- A Certain Smile, Françoise Sagan
- The Tribe That Lost Its Head, Nicholas Monsarrat
- The Mandarins, Simone de Beauvoir
- Boon Island, Kenneth Roberts
- Which ones have you read? Did you like them? See above.
- If you're like me and haven't read a single one, which ones have you heard of? Peyton Place, Auntie Mame and The Mandarins.
- Will you be putting any of these books in your reading list? It's hard to say. I'll need to do a bit of research first to decide.