.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Sunday, July 09, 2006
100 Useless Things About Me
1.ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? A 2 inch scar on my upper left shoulder. I got it last year when I had a suspicious mole removed by my doctor. It was just a small punch biopsy, but I kept tearing out the sutures. I don't do so well sitting still. The pathology report came back as containing dysplastic cells. I was sent off to the dermatologist and he found it necessary to re-biopsy the entire area, to be certain to get any potential satellite cells. I'm left with a big, red, ugly scar...But no cancer now, so I'll take it. 2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? I'm in my family room now, so I'll answer using that room. I have quite a few things on the walls in here as it is a fairly large room. I'll list some of my favorites: a very large wall clock, a shadow box filled with some of my favorite wine corks and two large vintage Fabrice de Villeneuve prints. 3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE? A black Razr 4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO? A vast variety. The only things I don't like are country and rap. Other than that- I'm open. 5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? Three something in the afternoon. 6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? I want to know so many things! 7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? That light, easy feeling that you have when you are young and innocent. 8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? My woobie, aka my childhood teddy bear. 9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL? A campfire, freshly cut grass, coffee brewing...There are so many- I've very scent sensitive. 10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? Not particularly. 11. DO YOU GET SCARED OF THE DARK? No. 13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME? Ralph Lauren Blue. 14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON SOMEONE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Thick and straight. I think certain men look great with silver hair, but I prefer blonde hair on women. 15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT? I can say with a great deal of certainty, I will not be proposed to again, and that is fine with me. 16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS? Coffee. 17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Mushrooms. 18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Chips and fresh salsa with a margarita. 19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD? Undoubtedly, B! 20. DO YOU SPEAK A FOREIGN LANGUAGE? I know some rusty French. I've still maintained it enough to translate (though rather poorly) a web site in French about tennis star Amelie Mauresmo 21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE OPPOSITE SEX): I can't remember. 22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY? Sure, I like lots of people. 23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? I most certainly am, in several places. 24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? I like the suits from Banana Republic. The pants come in long and the pieces can be bought separately. That's great for me as I wear a larger jacket size than pants size (I have broad shoulders.) 25. WHAT`S YOUR DREAM CAR? I have to admit that I like cars. I used to have a '65 Mustang and I'd love to have a restored one now. 27. WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR DREAMS? To have one of my photos in an exhibition. 29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU? By doing an unexpected act of kindness. 30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED: 13 31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES? Blondes, at least in theory. I find blondes attractive, but generally avoid dating them as they are bad news for me! 32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL MOST OFTEN? My son's cell phone. 33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST? The messes that are made by others in my home. 34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE US? Yes, a number of times. 35. YOUR WEAKNESSES? My somewhat uncontrollable curiosity. 36. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE? Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. I'd love a cozy beach house with my own boat dock. It's a laid-back place with both the mountains and the ocean available. 37. FIRST JOB? Babysitting- I love kids. 38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? My best friend and her little sister and I used to make them all of the time when we were kids. This, of course, was well before the advent of caller ID. One thing we used to do quite often was call a local prayer-line for children. We'd let the lady go through her whole speil and then ask her some stupid question, like what bra size did she wear. We were mischievous kids! 39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY? Playing bocce ball and drinking a beer. 40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE? I used to want a nose-job but I'm over that now. 41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY? I have no idea. 42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? My hair. 43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL? Make my own? 44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? A camera lens 45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? Just the one I've got. 46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No. 47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Yes. 48. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE? If I had to pick one, my thumb. I'm not going to say why. 49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? It has been a long time. I do not like to cry and I do not do it often. 50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sometimes. My handwriting varies quite a bit. I print when I write for my son and my boss. I know why I do that for my son (he's dyslexic and cannot read cursive) but I have no idea why I do it for my boss. 51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I abhor lunchmeat. 52. ANY BAD HABITS? Who me, I am perfect. Ha! Of course I do! 53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF? ABBA's Greatest Hits 54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure, I would. 55. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL? I never have, and I never will. I am an expert secret keeper. 56. DO LOOKS MATTER? Yes, they do. Let's be realistic. The way you are treated by others depends on your appearance. It may not be right, but it is true. 57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? I swear in the car when I am alone. 58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME? I don't have a bricks and mortar second home, but I'd love to have a beach house someday. For now, I can go anywhere with my imagination and a good book. 59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY? Yes and no. 60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? My inchworm. You know, those weird, green ride-on toys. 61. WHAT ARE THE FIRST THREE NUMBERS IN YOUR CELL PHONE? 332 62?? ? 63. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Yes I do. 64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT? No. 65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A MAN/WOMAN? A great voice, eyes full of life, beautiful hands. 66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES? Li-Li, La-La or Lis (pronounced Lease) 68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? If they tie, yes, 69. WHO IS YOUR CRUSH? Aren't I a little old of that? 70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Raspberry chocolate truffle 71. WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT ON A DATE? Sometime around 1987....I never know anymore how to define a date. I'm sure I've been on many and didn't know it was a "date." 72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS? Red and black 73. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE? None. They've been gone for quite some time. I do recommend that if you have them, get them taken out all at once. I did two under GA (general anesthesia) and the remaining two about 5 years later with just local anesthetic. I was a much easier recovery with the GA, and I woke up laughing. 74. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW? My son and my dog. They've both at my parents house and they're staying for another week. 75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? Not if they would find them annoying. 76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Suzanne Westenhoefer on Logo network. 77. LAST THING YOU ATE? Cajun chicken sandwich, organic mixed baby greens salad and fresh grilled corn on the cob with iced tea. Classic summertime. Here's the recipe, just in case you are interested: INGREDIENTS 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 teaspoon celery salt 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/4 teaspoon paprika 1/4 teaspoon pepper 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted 12 slices tomato 6 lettuce leaves DIRECTIONS Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Brush both sides with oil. Combine the seasonings; rub over both sides of chicken. Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce 78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My son. 79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT A MAN/WOMAN? See question #65. 80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG? Thought provoking? 81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE: W.- I have a feeling it is mutual. 82. FAVORITE DRINK? Coffee 83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN: I can't say I have a favorite. 84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT? I don't particularly like to watch sports on television. 85. HAIR COLOR? Blonde 86. EYE COLOR? Green 87. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES? Not if I can help it. I wear contacts. 88. SIBLINGS? Older sister, older brother, younger sister. 89. FAVORITE MONTH? June. 90. YOU LIKE SUSHI? Some. 91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED? I don't watch much TV but I had it on while cooking at it was Margaret Cho, believe it or not. 92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? The first day of summer. 93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT? No, well- sometimes yes. 94. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer! 95. KISSES OR HUGS? Kisses. 96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? I don't think I've ever had a one night stand. 97. WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? Some of my fellow meme-a-holics. 98. WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? I don't know, the Pope, President Bush- they've both given up reading my blog. 99. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I just started "Can't Wait to Get to Heaven" by Fannie Flagg. 100. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU? I think so, yes.
 
posted by Lisa at 7/09/2006 01:43:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 7/09/2006 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :)

    Lisa - #27 - I have feeling you will reach your dream one day of getting your photos in an exhibition - your take such awesome photos!

    I tagged you at my blog for another quiz.

     
  • At 7/09/2006 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Cat.

    Holy cow. This took FOREVER!!

    Thanks for killing my Sunday night. ;-)

    Oh, by the way, I stole one of your answers word for word....

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.