.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Thursday, July 20, 2006
3X Thursday
1. Since you're not a kid anymore, do you miss having a Summer Vacation? Why/why not? I miss having the summer off very much. There's just something about those long sunny days that beckons to me. I crave the sunshine and the freedom afforded to me in my youth. 2. What did 'Summer Vacation' mean to you as a kid? What was a typical summer like? The seemingly endless expanse of time that lay in front of me was like nothing I've seen since then. Hours of reading, splashing in the pool, an endless supply of popsicles, boat rides in the river, riding bikes with friends for hours, playing games with the neighbor kids until dark. 3. Did your family ever take trips together in the summer, or some other sort of summer tradition? We took trips together every summer. Car trips mostly. Oh joy! I think I was usually stuck in the back seat between my older sister and older brother. They hated each other and would pick back and forth over me. Bonus Question for Comments: When you were a kid, what was the *best* thing about summer? Why? The best thing about summer was being able to be outside all day long. Some days I would stay out the entire day, only returning for meals and darkness. My parents had one rule- be home by dark. I swore that it got dark at home before the rest of the neighborhood as we had a thick covering of huge trees.
 
posted by Lisa at 7/20/2006 08:52:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 7/21/2006 02:37:00 PM, Blogger Diana_CT

    When we went on trips my aunt use to sit between my brother and me to keep us from fighting.

    I will be posting my answers later in the day.

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.