.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, July 28, 2006
SPF

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kristine over at Random and Odd is on it this week. She's had this week's assignment up since last week and she's got a new look on her site. Go over and see it while you're at it- it's fabulous!

Something mean looking

Okay, so it's not a real snake. I still did a double take when I first saw this at my mom and dad's house. My father found this stick floating in the river and thought it looked just like a snake, so he picked it up and painted eyes on it. Perfect for his warped sense of humor! Now I know where I get it!!

Your weapons

I keep this big-ass flashlight next to my bed...And I'm not afraid to use it!

Weapon #2- My eyes. Trust me, they can shoot daggers if necessary. Posted by Picasa

Weapon #3- My mouth, or more appropriately, my words- but you can't really take a picture of words so you get this slightly frightening photo instead. And, no- I don't bite...Much. (Yes, I know I have a huge mouth)

Sorry, but that's all the weapons I can show you right now. A girl's got to have her secrets, you know... ;-)

Your hiding place

I don't hide in the bookshelf itself... I have always found books as my great escape in life. I can go anywhere, be anyone-if only for a short time- while I'm reading a book. Nothing else has the power to transport me like the written word does. I become immersed in the novel and the real world melts away around me.

If you leave your link (and a comment, of course!) I'd be happy to come and visit your SPF too. Have a great weekend everyone!
 
posted by Lisa at 7/28/2006 07:55:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


20 Comments:


  • At 7/27/2006 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto

    Great pix! Remind me to not make you mad :)

    I played!

     
  • At 7/28/2006 07:49:00 AM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan

    I could have used the same hiding place idea too. I bet your not afraid to use your weapon...LOL

    Great SPF! I played.

     
  • At 7/28/2006 08:36:00 AM, Blogger Army of Mom

    That snake stick is scary looking!!!! And, I though about my mouth as a weapon or my keyboard ... but opted for the obvious.

    And, a book was on my list for hiding places, too. Good ones!!

    I played.

     
  • At 7/28/2006 09:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love hiding in a good book!

    Nice SPF! I changed my entry - was not happy withthe second photo.

     
  • At 7/28/2006 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Lee

    scarey flashlite ;) the snake stick would have completely freaked me out...I played :)

     
  • At 7/28/2006 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Jana

    I said almost the exact same thing about my bookshelf!

    I played!

     
  • At 7/28/2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I thought that was a snake too.

    Nice showing of your weapons. Very creative.

    I try to hide in books but my kids won't let me. What are you reading? What is that? Are you almost done?

    I played.

     
  • At 7/28/2006 10:36:00 AM, Blogger hemlock

    Warped senses of humour are the best. That's one serious flashlight.

    Thanks for dropping by!

     
  • At 7/28/2006 10:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Is it bad that I'm mostly impressed by the fact that you don't seem to have *anything* under your bed! LOL Great pics

    I played too

     
  • At 7/28/2006 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Love the "snake", it completely fooled me! Great SPF! I played!

     
  • At 7/28/2006 05:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Books really are a great hiding place, and words are some of the deadliest weapons around.
    I played

     
  • At 7/28/2006 06:47:00 PM, Blogger Jenni

    Books are actually my hiding place as well, I just didn't think to take a picture of them! And that stick totally looks like a snake! Great pics!

     
  • At 7/28/2006 07:09:00 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor

    those are great weapons and btw, you have great teeth! be proud...

    i played too!

     
  • At 7/28/2006 07:52:00 PM, Blogger Viamarie

    Your weapons are just like mine especially the books.

    Btw, the crooked stick is cool. My photo is up now.

    Happy weekend!

     
  • At 7/28/2006 08:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great post, especially the hiding place. Not bad teeth, either! Now, I really don't know what to say about that snake thing. I'd truly jump out of my skin. My daughter lives in Oregon. Once she went hiking with some people from up there, and they asked her why she kept looking down. Raised in LA, looking for snakes!

     
  • At 7/28/2006 09:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I, too can usually use my mouth as a weapon. :O Great shots.

     
  • At 7/28/2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Leska McCall

    Great shots.

     
  • At 7/28/2006 11:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love your teefers!!!

    I love Rumi, he's a huge part of my pictures...let me know if you find a few.

     
  • At 7/29/2006 02:01:00 AM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :)

    Happy SPF, Lisa. I got my sh&$ together and played tonight.

     
  • At 7/29/2006 01:02:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne R

    Great SPF! That flashlight is mighty scary. ;-) And the stick is certainly a realistic-looking snake! Thanks for stopping by!

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.