.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Well, it is 2006. Hard to believe. Let's see how long it takes me to write the correct year on checks and things like that... Did you used to watch Rudolph's Shiny New Year when you were a kid? I know I did. I always hated that ugly buzzard Eon. Which is funny, because I named my sweet son Ian, which is awfully similar. Anyhow- I felt so sorry for Baby New Year. I could empathize with him. He and I have similar ears! Actually I had the nickname Baby New Year for a while just for that reason. Maybe that is why hats don't fit me very well. It isn't that I have a large head- I have large ears that make the hat not fit. I'm hoping that 2006 will be a good year. I don't really make New Years resolutions though. They seem silly to me. If I am wanting to change something, I can do that any day of the year- why wait until January 1st? I figure most people give up on their resolutions by February 1st anyhow. I'm happy to announce that all of my Christmas decorations are put away now. I hate un-decorating. I enjoy the decorating part. It is so depressing somehow. Really rather anticlimactic. Then there is the whole entire long dreary winter to get through. Personally, I am sick of the whole cold and snow thing by the time mid-January rolls around. I am a warm weather and sunshine type myself. I hate to be cold. So I spend most of the winter finding ways to stay warm. Tell me again why I live in the mid-west?
 
posted by Lisa at 1/01/2006 09:37:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.