.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, February 24, 2006
Four On Friday
FOUR FOR FRIDAY Q1 - Birthdays: How many different birthdays do you have committed to memory, and aside from using your own noggin, how do you keep track of all the others? I know many, many birthdays. My entire family, my friends...I see lots of people's birthdate's every day and tend to remember some of those too. Just call me Rainman! I have the important dates written down in my calendar. Q2 - Seaport Security: A government-owned company in the United Arab Emirates volunteered late yesterday afternoon to delay its $6.8 Billion takeover of most operations at six U.S. seaports. The delay allows President George W. Bush time to convince skeptical members of the U.S. Congress that the deal poses no security risks. What's your feeling on this... should the United States government allow a company based in Dubai to manage seaports in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Miami, New Orleans, New York, and Newark? No, we should manage our own seaports. Why do we need Dubai to manage them? Outside of the monetary motivation, what is in it for the U.S.? Q3 - Telephones: Regardless of whether you use just a cell phone or a cell phone and a land line at home, does 'Voice over IP' (VoIP) technology have you thinking about switching or adding a land line at home? (In case you've never heard of VoIP, it allows for the routing of voice conversations over the Internet or any other IP-based network, and it's supposed to be a lot cheaper than paying the old-school phone companies for telephone service.) I have a land-line for several reasons. I want my son to have access to the phone even if his cell phone was dead. I want 911 service to be able to locate me in case of an emergency. Q4 - 2006 Winter Olympics: Have you been watching the 2006 Winter Olympics on television? If so, which events have you enjoyed the most? If not, why? I've watched a bit here and there. I don't care much about sports, I've mainly had it on in the background. My son likes the snowboarding and that's been fairly interesting to catch bits and pieces of it.
 
posted by Lisa at 2/24/2006 04:49:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.