.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Monday, February 27, 2006
Monday Music Mambo
Greetings everyone! Another Monday is here, and with it comes a chance to mambo. Today's theme is Cigar Day, but I don't know how that applies to music. I'll just ask some random questions. I've smoked a cigar once! It was a very expensive cigar on cruise ship. There was a cigar bar and it was ladies night. It wasn't as bad as I expected, as I hate cigarette smoke! Of course, I didn't inhale (a la Bill Clinton). We wont' even go there with the other cigar/Clinton connections! 1. What's your favorite movie about music? I don't know if I have a favorite movie about music, but I have a guilty pleasure of sappy musicals- "Grease", "Chicago", "Evita" and yes, even "The Sound of Music"- I'm officially humiliated now! 2. What's your favorite music concert video? If I'm going to be honest here, I'm going to be embarrassed yet again. Two of my favorites are "James Taylor: Live" (I've always thought he's sweet and adorable and I love his guitar playing.) and "10,000 Maniacs MTV Unplugged". 3. What do you pay more attention to in a song: the music or the lyrics? This is a tough one. I'm very word-oriented but I am in tuned to a great musical arrangement too. 4. Here's a serious question involving a touchy situation. You've won a backstage pass to meet your favorite band! You go there after the show, very excited to meet everyone. When you arrive, you see some of the band members doing something illegal (drugs, weapons, etc.). After you've greeted the band, had them sign autographs, etc., do you tell anyone what you saw? Or do you keep quiet because you're sure they do this kind of thing all the time and it's no big deal? It depends on what was going on. If they want to do drugs or have weapons, whatever- that is their business. I'm not one to "kiss and tell" so to speak. I think if I'm invited into someone's private domain of any kind, then I'm being entrusted to keep my mouth shut. I'm a private person (hard to believe!) and respect that in others. I'd draw the line if others were being harmed. I have no tolerance for violence or sexual exploitation.
 
posted by Lisa at 2/27/2006 08:09:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.