.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Records
I had records when I was a kid. You know, 45's and 33's. I had a whole stack of 45's. I don't know where they came from. Most of them were from the 60's. Some were my brothers and others perhaps belonged to my aunts or uncles. I remember the first single I bought for myself, with my own money. It was "The Tide Is High" by Blondie. I would play it over and over. My first and favorite full album that I bought was the soundtrack to "Grease". I was in love with Olivia Newton-John, even as a kid. Somehow, I had the soundtrack way before I ever watched the movie. The first time I saw the film was at a birthday party in 1980. There were these new things out then called VCR's and my friend's parents rented one for her birthday party. One of the movies they rented was "Grease". I was mesmerized. I used to visit my Grandmother's house on the weekend. She had this huge console record player and she'd play records for us while we played cards. She loved to play cards. There were stacks and stacks of old records at her house, Benny Goodman really stands out in my mind. I'd like to have a record player again. I wish I still had those old records.
 
posted by Lisa at 2/05/2006 06:40:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.