.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, March 03, 2006
Friday Forum
1. Are you for or against homeschooling? Hey, to each his own- whatever works for each individual family. It's none of my business what other people choose to do. I know it wouldn't work for me and my child. 2. Do you there are more benefits from homeschooling or public/private schools? Why? I'm sure there could be pros and cons for either one. I know that I'm not equipped to give my son a well-rounded education. My strengths are in language arts, history, social studies, and foreign language. I'm not so terrific in things like organic chemistry or Calculus. My son attends private school which for me, has a good mix of values, education and socialization. I would be worried that if he were to be homeschooled he would be some social outcast. I've never quite grasped how homeschooled kids are socialized properly. I'm not saying it isn't possible. I suppose that is something that I need to have explained to me by someone who knows. 3. Would you homeschool your children? No way, it would never work. He is dyslexic and I'm not trained to work with that. He's also very highly intelligent and it would be a challenge to keep him on track. 4. Do you think it's better for children to adhere to a fixed curriculum or let them follow their own interests (unschooling)? Why? If I let my son choose his interests we'd be studying computers and video games! 5. Homeschooling has increased rapidly in the past few years. Do you think it'll continue to be popular or is it just the current fad? It's been around for a long time, so I feel the trend will continue to grow as many U.S. schools are becoming worse and worse.
 
posted by Lisa at 3/03/2006 08:14:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.