.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, March 10, 2006
Jodie: Don't Quote Me
I've just read this article on After Ellen about Jodie Foster. It contains this quote:
"At this point Jodie Foster should just come out. She's not an ingnue anymore. You know, it really saddens me because Jodie Foster could do so much good." Comedian Suzanne Westenhoefer in a recent interview with the Dallas Voice
You know, I couldn't disagree more. It's her own business. I don't believe that being an actress and living in the public eye means that, if you are gay, you must come out. I don't think that anyone has to come out of the closet if he or she doesn't want to, regardless of who you are. It burns me up when the GLBT community is so damn judgmental and preachy. With all the stereotypes and demands of "correct" behavior within our own community, it's a miracle we have any time to deal with all of the outside attacks from Bush and the Christian Right et. al. I am the one who chooses for myself who I come out to, who I am friends with, how I dress, look, talk, where I live (and with whom) and what I do. No one is going to put me into a pigeon hole and say I need to be a certain way to fit their stupid pre-conceived notions. It's not going to happen. So you can leave me and Jodie alone!
 
posted by Lisa at 3/10/2006 09:07:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.