.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Monday, April 17, 2006
Weekend Update
Friday night- a crappy picture taken with my cell phone. On my way to a late light dinner and glass of wine. Moe and Johnny's has a great Greek flatbread and a terrific (yet rather expensive at $11.00 a glass) pinot noir. I keep forgetting the name of it. Not quite as good as the Argyle Pinot Noir at Magianno's, but very good. I like Moe and Johnny's- it's quiet and cozy. The waitstaff are very friendly and helpful without "hovering" over you. I like my privacy! Anyhow, I suggest the side that is known as the Cornerstone Cafe, it is quieter and there's no smoking. This was taken heading west (obviously!) on Broad Ripple Avenue. As the car was moving (nope- I wasn't driving) you can't really tell how bizarre the sunset looked. Somehow, I was completely lucky and missed all the hail, both at home and at dinner. Good thing, as my car was parked outside during dinner. I think I would have cried if it would have bashed up my car. I would have cried more if it would have damaged the house! I was naughty and got a sunburn on Saturday. I almost always wear a lotion with sunscreen in it, after my little skin-cancer fun last year. Anyhow, walking on the Monon and then sitting in the sun on the deck at Bazbeaux's did me in. They have fantastic pizza with the option to get a whole wheat crust, which I highly suggest, especially on the Bazbeaux's Special pizza (my personal favorite.) It was too hot to me to drink wine, so we had a few Corona's (one of the only beers I'll drink.) I also got a new gas grill. Mine was dead, or nearly so. So, of course, I did the appropriate research on Consumer Reports. That's my geeky side, I love to do research on things before I buy them. Anyhow, I had no idea it would take so long to put the grill together (no, I didn't do it, B did.) Therefore, the grilled fish and veggies I'd planned to make on Saturday had to wait until Sunday. I also had to break out the gigantic John Deere lawn tractor before the yard got out of hand. I was afraid it wouldn't start. It did, but I was certain I was going to run in to something. I don't like using that thing. But I also don't want to push-mow my half-acre yard. Easter Sunday was the day for brunch at Scholar's Inn Gourmet Cafe and Wine Bar. I've been wanting to eat there for quite a while and finally got around to it. I'm so glad I did. It was the best brunch I've ever had, anywhere in the country. Seriously. Not only was the food excellent, but the atmoshphere was lovely- very artsy and eclectic. It didn't look like it belonged in Indianapolis. And to top it all off, the Mimosa was made with fresh-squeezed orange juice and the Berry Cooler (made with bubbly, Chambord and fresh strawberries) was great and went well with all of the food.  Posted by Picasa
 
posted by Lisa at 4/17/2006 08:52:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.