.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Saturday Fun
The boy hasn't been home much lately, not for an entire month. I've missed him like crazy. Therefore, we decided to do something fun on Saturday. Of course, first the nasty little errands (like shopping) had to be taken care of first. A little bit of suit shopping at Nordstrom's and some uniform pants shopping for him at the Gap and we were out of the mall in record time. Speaking of clothes for boys, I just realized he's at the top of the size chart (a 14) for Gap Kids. Does anyone out there know if the smallest size in Gap men's is the next size up? Anyhow, I have the hardest time finding khaki pants for him to wear to school every year. I certainly want something that will stand up to multiple washings- he wears a uniform (thankfully) so it's the same thing over and over each week. Also, I don't want anything I have to iron. I have enough of that with my own clothes. Yuck! But I digress... After that torture (to him) of shopping, we hit the Canal Walk in downtown Indy. We had a blast renting one of those surrey bicycles and traveling the length of the canal. His favorite part was repeatedly ringing the bell on the bicycle, much to my chagrin. An enjoyable time was had by all. We saw that they've added gondola rides, but we think we'd rather have a carriage ride through downtown instead. In all my years of living here in Indianapolis, I've never done that. I think it's time for that to change! Posted by Picasa Pictures I've taken on previous visits to the Canal Walk. This visit wasn't a photo-taking trip, so I am using these instead.
 
posted by Lisa at 7/23/2006 07:39:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 7/23/2006 09:33:00 PM, Blogger Viamarie

    Thanks for sharing the photos of your trips. For someone who hasn't been to many places outside my country, this is truly appreciated.

    Nice blog and beautiful postings.

    Cheers to a new week!

     
  • At 7/24/2006 07:36:00 AM, Blogger Cat.

    RE clothing sizes--it seems to me that the largest kid size is usually awfully close to the same as the smallest men's size. You may have to experiment at different stores... Underwear is the worst, simply because it's impossible to really tell sizes (can't try it on!), so we've just waited till we knew what size his outer clothes were and shopped for boxers based on that size.

    We don't have a Gap near us, but Old Navy and Kohl's both have khakis that don't wrinkle too much (don't ask me brands!). When my son started on the men's sizes last year, it was very traumatic for me! Now he's about 1/4" shorter than me and I'm even more traumatized! :-)

    And, I echo viamarie's thank you for the photos. Very nice!

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.