.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, July 21, 2006
It's a Done Deal
I can breathe a sigh of relief this afternoon. Something very wonderful and positive in my life is now complete...something I've been looking forward to for quite some time. This day ranks right up there with the day my much-anticipated divorce was final. It's like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. The clouds have parted and I see the sun. Now it's time to celebrate! Even though my verbal style has been compared to Bill Clinton's (blech- but it was meant as a compliment) and I've been wrongfully accused of being PC (double blech!) I'm still having one of the greatest weeks in I don't know how long. All my peeps and the pup are back at home and I'm surrounded by those whom I love and love me right back- verbal skills in overdrive and all. However, I'm woefully maligned by those who don't know me, but think they do. I know I'm a hard person to know and I suppose I like it that way. I save the best only for those with whom I wish to share it. From POTUS Speaks: Finding the Words that Defined the Clinton Presidency He does note that Clinton likes to talk and is good at it, which is not news, but Waldman (Who Robbed America?) goes on to discuss how Clinton used his verbal skills to create a "bully pulpit," employing presidential speeches as a means to change public opinion and push public policy and to institute other changes Waldman finds both numerous and significant.
 
posted by Lisa at 7/21/2006 08:20:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 7/21/2006 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Cat.

    I am sorry to hear you've had a rough week, but quite pleased to know that it's over and ended on a good note.

    Congrats to you and carry on.

    [Bill Clinton speaks well, he just has a hard time on appropriate follow-through actions....;-)]

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.