.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, July 21, 2006
Seems Like Old Times
I got a call last night from my first- er-from an old friend from college days. We'd lost touch and I hadn't seen her in about 10 years. We had been neighbors and friends back in school and we'd both moved to Indianapolis with our respective husbands and kids. Our children were mere babies when we first met. My son was only 4 the last time I had seen her and now he's almost 14. The funny thing is, all of the kids look totally different. I wouldn't recognize her son and daughter if I passed them on the street, but she and her husband look pretty much the same. We decided to get together for lunch and catch up on old times (Magianno's, of course!) The odd thing was, they said I look the same as I did 10 years ago. Actually, they said I looked better than I did 10 years ago. Most likely, that's true. I'm in a much better "place" than I was a decade ago. I may be older, but I think I'm more "me" now than I was then. I'm more comfortable in my own skin and know who I am. I think that there's a certain confidence and poise comes with wisdom and just living life. I'll take that over crows feet and sagging any day! I'm sure that will come too, just not yet I hope. It was great to reminisce. I haven't had the chance to visit with anyone from my past like that. I enjoyed telling stories about the kids when they were little. We recalled a visit to Fort Myers beach when my son wouldn't stop eating the sand. Of course, he's mortified to hear such things. I'll have to dig out the photos that go along with these stories too.
 
posted by Lisa at 7/21/2006 07:44:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.