.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
7Up
I'm home sick from work today and it started me thinking about being sick when I was a kid. I was ill quite a bit back then (okay- I still am) so I have quite a few memories of being stretched out on the couch in the family room with my pillow and blanket and a TV tray with my drink. It seems that no matter what malady I was laid up with, the drink of my choice (as far as my mother was concerned) was 7Up. To this day, I can't drink the stuff without thinking about being ill. I would never buy it at the store, wouldn't order it at a restaurant. Sprite is a totally different thing. Yes, I know they taste nearly identical. But Sprite doesn't have the negative connotation to me like 7Up does. Did everyone's mother serve 7Up to their ailing brood? It must be written in some old parenting book like Dr. Spock. I know I don't give it to my son when he's sick, but then again, he rarely gets sick. He wouldn't touch it anyhow, he detests any kind of carbonated drink. If children all across the country have this association with 7Up as I do, how does 7Up stay in business? Or... is it those mothers driving the sales, stocking up in preparation for a sick day?
 
posted by Lisa at 1/25/2006 02:41:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 1/25/2006 06:41:00 PM, Blogger Russ

    I'm not quite sure that 7-Up really does make you feel better when sick. Why not some other brand of pop, why just 7-Up? For me, nothing beats good ol' water for feeling better.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Lisa

    I don't think 7-Up makes you feel better, but my mother certainly did! I won't touch the stuff!

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.