.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Saturday, February 04, 2006
Google, The Verb
I'm a fan of Google. It's my favorite search engine. SBC Yahoo is my ISP for both home at work and therefore Yahoo is my default search engine, I'll always surf over to Google to find what I want to find. When I do use Yahoo I'm disappointed in the results. Have you Googled yourself? Come on, admit it- of course you have. It sounds like some strange sexual act to me... google yourself. When I Google myself, I come up with about 880 hits, and that is when I do my name in parenthesis. Needless to say, not all of those hits are me. I have a rather common name. My son has informed me that a Google-whack is a search that returns less than 100 results. Damn, even when I Google "FleurDeLisa" I get 196 results. Yeah, some of those are definitely me. Not necessarily ones I want to see...Goes to show you can't control what goes on Google. Now, when I Google "A Textbook Good Visit" (my blog title) it's all me. Finally! But then again, there's only 47 results. It is no secret that Google is the world's leading Internet search tool. It is used over 200 million times a day; people in virtually every country in the world use it. The world's newest verb, “to Google,” has become a part of everyday vocabulary and a part of everyday activity, too. Many of us Google more often than we do any other task while at work each day. So, do you think it is vain to Google yourself? Are you ever surprised, shocked, or even pleased with what you find? Take my Googled poll and feel free to leave comments to this post too.
 
posted by Lisa at 2/04/2006 09:33:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 2/05/2006 07:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I saw the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie Googled her new Russian guy. It's a phenomenon.

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.