.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Saturday, February 04, 2006
I'd almost forgotten it was winter...
Oh yeah, that is right- I live in Indiana now, and it is winter. I'd almost forgotten that until I woke up this morning. It was raining when I went to bed last night. That's pretty much what we've gotten around here lately- rain. So when I finally rolled out of bed this morning at 7-ish (I was able to sleep in!), I could tell something was different. I have a small hexagon-shaped window in my room that is up high in the wall so it doesn't have a curtain over it. I could tell that is was brighter out somehow. Now, I'm no fan of winter. I hate to be cold and I'm always cold when it drops below 60 degrees. I'm not made for living here. Why do I? I have no idea... I lived for too long in other places, places like Hawaii and California and I learned that you don't have to freeze your ass off. But here I am anyhow, stuck in the Midwest for the past 13 years. God help me.... It was a tough transistion at first. No ocean to play in, land so flat you can see forever. But I've learned to adjust and find new activities to enjoy. I'd rather see the snow, but I don't want to drive in it. My son loves to snowboard and never gets cold so I'm sure he's elated to see this little bit of white. It is gorgeous though...All of the trees are covered with a coating of white. I'm aching to get out there with my Digital Rebel and shoot some great shots.
 
posted by Lisa at 2/04/2006 08:58:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 2/04/2006 10:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love to Google myself and I am surprised sometimes at how much there is out there. It is a small world.

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.