.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, February 24, 2006
HM or LM
I waited 20 minutes in Starbucks today for my latte. I must have really wanted it badly to wait that long. I stood in line for a good 10 minutes. That allowed me plenty of time to know exactly what I wanted to order. So, when it came to be my turn, I rattled off "Grande non-fat cinnamon dolce latte, no whip." Easy enough. The barista repeated it back and I paid her. The middle-aged man behind me said to me "Gee, you're high maintenance, at least on the outside." He was smiling, so I smiled back to him and replied, "Yes, I am- and I know it! At least that way I always know what I want." Harry: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance. Sally: And Ingrid Bergman is low maintenance? Harry: An L.M. Definitely Sally: Which one am I? Harry: You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance, but you think you're low maintenance. Sally: I don't see that.Harry: You don't see that? (He mimics her typical ordering procedure) 'Waiter, I'll begin with the house salad, but I don't want the regular dressing. I'll have the balsamic vinegar and oil, but on the side, and then the salmon with the mustard sauce, but I want the mustard sauce on the side.' 'On the side' is a very big thing for you. Sally: Well, I just want it the way I want it. Harry: I know, high maintenance. (Sally sighs after Bogart says the final line of the film, when the two characters walk off into the fog-shrouded airport: 'Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.') Ooh. Best last line of a movie, ever.
 
posted by Lisa at 2/24/2006 04:59:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.