.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
None for me, thanks
I’ll admit it- I’m tired of hearing about basketball.  I suppose that doesn’t make me a good Hoosier.  For those of you that don’t know what that means, a Hoosier is what people from Indiana call themselves.  But in my opinion, I’m not really a Hoosier.  I was born here, and I live here now (unfortunately) but I lived in other places for quite a while… So what does that make me?  A partial Hoosier?  Is that a Hoo or a Ho?  Hmmm…I don’t think I like either one of those choices.
Anyhow, back to basketball.  This state is obsessed with it.  We are hosting the Final Four.  I only know this as it is plastered all over the media here in town.  I can’t turn on the news or read a paper without hearing about it.  And, frankly, I don’t give a damn.  Not only did I have to hear about the Final Four this morning, but now the hubbub about the new basketball coach for Indiana University.  Once again, I don’t care.  Can we not find something more intelligent to talk about, to put on the news and in our newspapers?  I guess not.  That’s why I get most of my news from CNN and NPR, among other media outlets.  
My son went on a field trip to the NCAA Hall of Fame here in town.  He was disappointed because he thought they were going to a museum!  He said he didn’t learn a thing.  I told him that he was lucky that they didn’t drag him to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway too!
Actually, he’s been there several times, but in the cushy suite that his fathers’ company has.  He didn’t mind that so much…he even got to meet a few of the drivers.  I suppose in this instance, it pays to have connections!
I think I’m done venting now….
 
posted by Lisa at 3/29/2006 11:27:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.