.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Random Bits- With A Theme Of Sorts...
Just about every woman I know hates going to the OB/GYN. It’s just an all-around unpleasant experience. An experience that I get to experience soon…as in tomorrow. Not the way I had envisioned spending my day off. Yes, I know it won’t take the entire day. It will just ruin the entire day! Ugh! I’ve been putting it off…for years now….about 5 years. I’ve run out of excuses. I just figure that if someone is going to get that personal with me, I should at least be bought a drink (or two, or five) first! That makes me think of a funny clip I saw the other day. I’m old enough to remember the original Hollywood Squares show with Peter Marshall. Well, Peter was asking Paul Lynde (I loved him as a kid- should have been a sign to my mother!) a question… It was something about a doctor had a patient and she wouldn’t allow him to touch her, what did he invent? Paul replied, in his oh-so-gay way “The martini!” A friend of mine calls her annual exam “the grand opening”- for the life of me, I can’t remember the exact story behind that, but you’ll get the drift if you try hard enough. So that’s become our colloquial term around here. As I’ve mentioned before, I know many people who speak English as a second language. They tend to get things a bit mixed up at times, with humorous results. One such woman said she couldn’t come to lunch with a group of friends one day as she had her “open house.” We couldn’t figure out what she meant. Finally, it came to light that she meant her “grand opening”- i.e. annual pap, etc. I laughed so damn hard! Open house just sounds like a “drop on by any time!” for the hoo-ha! It makes me think of a quote from the Golden Girls show (yes, I watch it!) Blanche: I treat my body like a temple. Sophia: Yeah, open to everyone, day or night!
 
posted by Lisa at 3/29/2006 03:35:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 3/30/2006 08:18:00 AM, Blogger Diana_CT

    I think I can top that…………

    My endocrinologist last time I visited him said that maybe next time I would have to go for a mammogram and I think he will since I am now a “B” cup and 57 years old. I am not looking forward to it because all my paperwork is still in my male name since I haven’t transitioned yet. However the local GLBT Health Clinic does do breast screening and I know the nurse in charge and she said that they can take care of it and keep the paperwork straight.
    On the lighter side, one of the members of the support group went to get a mammogram for the first time and she likes to tell the story of when they asked her how big she was, she said six foot instead of the cup size.

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.