.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, May 05, 2006
Four On Friday
FOUR FOR FRIDAY Q1 - Actors & Actresses: Will you go out of your way to avoid watching a particular movie just because it features an actor or actress you do not like? What if the movie in question also features an actor or actress you do like? I may avoid a certain movie if it features an actor or actress I don't care for, especially if it is a genre of film I don't find particularly enjoyable. However, I do not pick films based solely on the players in the film, I try to look at the overall picture and quality of the storyline and cinematography. Q2 - Established Customs: Good habits like bad ones are habit forming. What's one habit you'd like to break? Being too nice sometimes. I was raised to be nice, but I am finding that is not always the best plan of action. Q3 - Nuestro Himno: By now, everyone probably knows that "Nuestro Himno" is the Spanish language version of "The Star-Spangled Banner," and that U.S. President George W. Bush recently stated that he feels that the national anthem should be sung in English only. Despite the fact that the U.S. State Department's own web site features four Spanish language versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner," do you feel that the national anthem should be sung in English only? This is the second time today I've been asked this question, and the answer remains the same. The National Anthem of the United States should be sung in English. Heaven knows I'm no fan of Bush, but on this point, I agree with him completely. Q4 - Driving Age: Do you feel your state's age requirement for receiving a driver's licenses is appropriate as is, should be lowered, or should be raised? The closer my son gets to driving age, the more I think the age should be raised! But seriously, I don't necessarily feel that the brain of a 16 year old is mature enough to be able to handle all that is necessary for safely operating a motor vehicle.
 
posted by Lisa at 5/05/2006 08:06:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.