.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, May 26, 2006
From My Mother
My mother is your typical mom- she likes to cut out articles from the paper and send them to me. She also has my dad print out emails, and instead of just emailing them to me, she puts them in the envelope and mails them too. At first I thought she had sent me a recipe for grilled shrimp rolls. I thought, come on Mom- you should know I'm allergic to that. It was the other side that contained the pertinent article. It was about a website to submit your favorite photos. She's so funny! She also sent my son a joke about George Bush. She knows he can't stand him. I bet she finds this even more humorous due to the fact that she's Methodist. This is what it said: Be careful what you ask for, eh? President George W. Bush was scheduled to visit the Methodist Church outside Washington as part of his last campaign. Karl Rove made a visit to the Bishop and said to him, “We’ve been getting a lot of bad publicity among Methodists because of Bush’s position on stem cell research, the War, and such. I’ll gladly make a contribution to the church of $100,000 if during your sermon, you’d say the President is a saint.” The Bishop thinks it over for a few moments and says, “The Church is in desperate need of funds. I will do it.” Bush pompously shows up that following Sunday, looking especially smug, sneering for his photo ops, while strutting his way, cowboy-style, into the church. As the sermon starts, the Bishop begins his homily: “George Bush is a petty, self-absorbed hypocrite as well as a nitwit. He is a liar, a cheat, probably still a drunk, and a low-intelligence sneaky weasel. He has lied about his military record, and then had the gall to put himself in uniform on a military jet, landing on a carrier, and then posing before a banner stating ‘Mission Accomplished.’ He invaded a country for oil and money, all the while lying to the American people about the war, with nary a care for the thousands of lives it has taken and continues to take. He is the worst example of a Methodist I’ve ever personally known or known of. But compared to Dick Cheney, George Bush is a saint.”
 
posted by Lisa at 5/26/2006 05:09:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.