.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Scratch That
I gave up on reading "The Screwtape Letters" - I just can't do it. It's not me, and it's not going to be me. It was depressing the hell out of me. I'm so not one to give up on a book (well, hell- on anything else either!) The only other one I can recall that I couldn't get through was "Cry, The Beloved Country"- I don't know why but I just couldn't make it through. Normally my curiosity alone gets me through... When I try too hard to be "textbook good" I end up screwing myself. I'll try for a little happy medium. I went into "textbook bad" land a while back and made my life a living hell. Moderation... balance. I'm giving it a try. So now I'm reading a book that is more, well, me....
 
posted by Lisa at 5/18/2006 09:26:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 5/19/2006 08:09:00 AM, Blogger Cat.

    I hated "Cry, the Beloved Country" as well! With "Screwtape" I finally just sat down and raced through the whole book as fast as I could just to get the outline in my head; then I went back and reread the bits that needed closer examination. It helped that we were using it for Bible Study...

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.