.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Snakes
"Dutch customs detected a live poisonous snake that was sent by airmail on a flight from Hong Kong to a collector in the Netherlands, the Finance Ministry said Wednesday. Inspectors thought the snake was a gag rubber gift when they first scanned the package, which was labeled 'toy goods'." You can read the entire story here. Makes me think of the upcoming movie "Snakes on a Plane" - a movie I am not planning on viewing. I suffer from ophiciophobia- the fear of snakes. Just looking at this photo makes me queasy. My older sister and I share this fear. When we were children playing in the yard and would see a harmless little garter snake, both of us would scream bloody murder. If dad was home, he'd come running every single time, certain that one of us had been maimed or seriously injured. And each time, he'd find out it was only a miniscule snake, not one of his girls with a limb dangling or arterial blood spurting. Still, he'd come running the next time he'd hear us shreik- just in case.... Dad's are like that.
 
posted by Lisa at 7/12/2006 06:04:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 7/12/2006 06:34:00 PM, Blogger Jay

    Snakes and I DO NOT get along. I can't stand them and I actually have terrible nightmares about snakes! There's no way in H-E-Double L that I am going to watch that movie. I won't even watch the trailers.

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.