.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Sunday, July 16, 2006
That's all...
(Me, as a Hellish Boss)
I went to go see The Devil Wears Prada yesterday afternoon. It was too hot here to do much of anything else. I like hot, but this is ridiculous. I am still recovering from a migraine on Thursday and didn't want to over-do it in the heat. I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. It was light and funny- just what I needed. I love Meryl Streep, but I'm not much of a fan of Anne Hathaway. She did redeem herself in my eyes in this film. Of course, Meryl was the true star. She played the ice queen with perfect aplomb. A conversation between Andy (Anne Hathaway) and Nigel (Stanley Tucci):
Andy Sachs: Doesn't anybody eat around here? Nigel: Not since two is the new four and zero is the new two. Andy Sachs: Well, I'm a six... Nigel: Aha, the new fourteen.
All in all, it's a pleasant summer-fluff movie and an escape from the heat. ...That's all....
 
posted by Lisa at 7/16/2006 09:15:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 7/16/2006 08:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, I'd like to see that movie. I agree that Anne Hathaway is not that appealing, and I'm very disappointed that she's the one to play Jane Austen in that upcoming movie. I am a Meryl Streep fan. She can do it all! Hope the effects of your migraine are gone now. Hugs, Julia

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.