.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Sister Mary Elephant (Shudd up!)
this is an audio post - click to play

I must have been bored often as a child, because it seems I found many unusual ways to occupy my time. I'd read the dictionary or look at every page of the Sears catalog for fun and entertainment (as it was). Hey- this was in the day before computers, internet video games or cable TV. We had to make our own entertainment. One thing I loved to do was play my brothers records on a portable record player I owed. This audio post is a clip of one of my favorites as a kid, "Sister Mary Elephant" by Cheech and Chong. Of course, I didn't know it was Cheech and Chong at the time. Guess I never bothered to read that on the record. Didn't matter anyhow- I had no idea who they were. I'd crack up every time I'd listen to this record. It was a great 45 record- I loved 45's best of all. I had a terrific one that was clear red- I think it was "Wipeout" by the Safari's.

I played "Sister Mary Elephant" for my son tonight and he couldn't stop laughing... It was the laughter of a kid- a true belly laugh. Mary Elephant must appeal to the kid in all of us...

....Thankyou....

 
posted by Lisa at 1/21/2006 09:59:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.