.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Newsiness
I came back from lunch today, and my boss asked me why I didn't tell her that a certain patient "went to my church." That's her euphemism for saying she's a lesbian. I said, same church, different pew. She's another one of those 100-foot lesbians. The kind you can tell from 100 feet away that she's a lesbian. I didn't know that the Doc couldn't tell this woman was a lesbian. Even I knew, and my "gaydar" on women is horrible. I guess the Doc asked this woman to grab a bite to eat with her, as I had long ago left and the Doc didn't want to eat lunch alone. I'm guessing that this woman took it as being hit on by doc, because she proceeded to ask her to go see a movie with her this weekend. Now, at this point, even doc knew she was being hit on (in that way, she's more advanced than I!) Why can I see right away that she was being hit on, but I totally miss it when it's me that's being hit on? I asked one of my best friends, Shannon, about this. She said it's because I'm straightforward and don't have an ulterior motive in mind, so I expect others to be the same. I can't tell you how many times this has burned me, but I haven't learned yet. She also said that because I'm friendly and chatty, I don't take it as being hit on when others are the same. I also think it's because I don't assume. We all know what that does, it makes an ass out of you and me. It's a cliche, but I firmly believe in it. I also came out to my new employee. I usually wait, because I don't really think it's anyone else's business who I choose to sleep with, but the opportunity presented itself. Somehow, this woman at work started talking about what "tossing the salad" meant. I was the only one who knew, I am ashamed to say. I'm not going to go into it here. If you know, that's fine, if not- you most likely don't want to know. Anyhow, she got on the subject of gay people. Before she went any further, I told her that we had many gay patients (we do, it's a gay Mecca around that place!) She said she was fine with that. I also told her we had a lot of gay employees. She said of course she knew about the 100-foot lesbian. Then I pointed at me, and said I was too. I wish I would have had a camera to take a photo of her face. She didn't believe me at first, and then said that I was a "lipstick."
 
posted by Lisa at 4/26/2006 10:38:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.