.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Monday, May 15, 2006
This and That
I talked to my mother Saturday morning, and found out that she and my dad were going to be showing up at my house in a few hours. Uh-oh... Earlier that week she had told me that they weren't coming as she had volunteered to do a brunch at church. (That is so my mother!) So, I had made reservations at Mitchell's and went on about my merry way. And then, this... For some reason, I always get ferklempt when my parents come to visit. (If you don't know what ferklempt means, Google it- that is why God made Google!) One of the reason is that I feel compelled to be "textbook good" when they are around. That's a lot of stress on me for two entire days! Of course, they don't want to go out to eat on Sunday...They are bringing steaks to grill at my house. Um, I don't eat steak. Nevermind... I made the mistake of wearing a pair of jeans that are a bit too large for me. Bad idea- for two reasons. One, if they fall down too far, my tattoo will be visible. I have no intention of telling my parents about my tattoo. Actually, I have no intention of telling much of anyone I know IRL (in real life) about it. It's my own private thing. I'm a girl that likes to have my secrets. Anyhow, reason #2- it gave my mother a reason to say that I'm too thin (not!) and I would have some "meat on my bones" (God, I hate that expression!) if I ate red meat. So, eat your steak, honey. Not only did my father char hunks of meat on my grill, they made somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 extra steaks. What in the hell am I supposed to do with that? Needless to say, I'm tired after that weekend. I'm one of four kids....and they came to stay with me...on Mother's Day. I guess B is right....I am their favorite! LOL So, next weekend...I am doing what I want. That will most likely involve taking in a movie of some sorts and going to the Broad Ripple Art Fair. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. It's my artsy-fartsy side. Who knows what else I'll come up with to get into. But at this point, I'm only dreaming...it's Monday.
 
posted by Lisa at 5/15/2006 09:42:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.