.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Monday, June 26, 2006
Monday Memories

This is a picture taken of me as a toddler (in the early 1970's) at my family's lake cottage. We spent many a summer weekend there when I was growing up. My grandfather bought it as a young man by saving money he earned on the side from a paper route. I think that is just amazing!

I look a bit cranky here in this picture, but I am guessing that it was very hot and I wanted to get in the water! The expression on my face reminds me of the photo I used of my son for my Saturday Photo Hunt.

I wish that my family still had the old cottage. I would have loved to have been able to take my son there. Unfortunately, my grandparents passed away many years ago and the cottage was sold. However, I am blessed with a few special photos and many precious memories.

Click here for the Monday Memories Code, Blogroll, Graphics, & Other Information Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
 
posted by Lisa at 6/26/2006 08:09:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 6/26/2006 09:52:00 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    That was a cute picture of you when you were a toddler. Though not in a very good mood, you still looked cute.

     
  • At 6/27/2006 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Diana_CT

    We still have the cottage in New Hampshire (As you can see the lake in the background.) that my parents bought when my father retired. Now, my brother’s grandkids are enjoying it as they grow up.
    It is getting harder to hang onto, as the property values go up so do the taxes and there will be one day where the cost of the taxes out weigh the cost of keeping it.

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.