.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Parvin-isms
The doctor I work for is Persian, she moved here when she was 16. Even after all of these years of living in the U.S., her grasp of slang English is still weak. Here are a few of her better flubs throughout the years: "I'm glad that was over, it was about to eat me out." She still seems to confuse up, out, in... One very small word, one big difference in meaning. On the phone to another doctor, "I'll go down on him for $50.00" She meant to say, I give him $50.00 off. The best part was trying to explain to her what "go down on" meant.
 
posted by Lisa at 2/07/2006 05:36:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.